Early Years Foundation Stage
- A Unique Child – every child is a competent learner who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Enabling Environments – the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
- Positive Relationships – children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.
- Learning and Development – all children learn and achieve in different ways and at different rates.
There are seven areas of learning and development, these areas are divided into three prime and four specific areas.
• Communication and language
• Personal, social and emotional
• Physical development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Every child is an artist
Kate Walsh our Manager at Pippins is a fully qualified Forest School Leader and Jessica Mills our Manager at Horton is currently undertaking the same training. So watch this space as we will be starting Forest School sessions at both of our nurseries soon!
Outdoor play supports children’s holistic development, fostering resilient, independent and creative learners. We offer child led outdoor play sessions which allow our children to use their imaginations to explore the surroundings and problem solve. The children particularly love playing in our mud kitchens and going on nature walks both in the nursery gardens and in the areas surrounding the nurseries.
Baby and Toddler Yoga
For babies yoga is taught through gentle movements.The movements are designed to improve babies core stability, supporting their growth as they move from sitting to crawling and walking. Toddler and preschool yoga is taught through fun stories and props with the children immersed into different themes each session.